Translate

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Untitled





This is one of my latest paintings...
it all started because of a mistake and ugliness of something else I was doing in that piece of paper.
I was originally planning on doing some kind of abstraction,just some shapes and color.
When I first started to put paint to it,I immediately noticed that it was not going to work,it was the most horrendous thing I've ever seen!
well,that was a downer and I really didn't know what to do.
looked and looked at it until I decided to discard it...but...wait a minute! there's some white paper I can use!
as you can see,there are some pencil lines that are visible and two of the 3 vertical drops where already on the paper.
So, I decided to draw a simple bowl and I painted it...very simple;but I thought that it was probably a good idea to add something else...it was scrap paper anyway.
So,I looked on my files and found the photos of my little metal frog. I took those photos a while ago and never got to use them,so that was my addition to it and I liked it!
again,it is very simple,but from now on...I'll think twice before throwing or discarding a piece of paper that I  might be able to do something with.         
This is a 12" x10" painted on cold pressed (arches) and it was finished on Feb. the 10th. '17

No comments:

Post a Comment